Overview: In the arid regions of North Africa, water scarcity has threatened local farmers and communities. To address this, an NGO initiated a project using Harvest’s solar water pump technology. The aim: improve farm irrigation, provide clean water, and support sustainable agriculture and community development.
Background: Farmers struggled with limited water for crops, and communities lacked clean drinking water.
- Harvest Solar Pumps: Installed efficient solar water pump systems capturing energy with Harvest’s panels, extracting groundwater for farms and communities.
- Water Storage: Facilities for storing excess water from daytime irrigation to prepare for nighttime or cloudy weather.
- Farmer Training: Empowering local farmers with effective irrigation techniques and crop choices for arid conditions.
- Enhanced Irrigation: Increased crop yields and food security with more frequent irrigation.
- Drinking Water: Clean water supply improved living conditions and health.
- Environment: Reduced groundwater depletion, preserving local ecosystems.
- Community: Improved infrastructure, job creation, and sustainable development.
This project, with sustainable resource management and renewable energy, offers hope and opportunities in arid regions.